THIS POSITION HAS BEEN FILLED.
THANK YOU FOR YOUR INTEREST.
CHECK BACK PERIODICALLY FOR FUTURE JOB POSTINGS!
Cross-Eyed Owl Brewing Company (XEO) is seeking a Head Brewer for our production brewery located in Decatur, Alabama. Our 11,500 sq/ft facility will be the first brewery in Decatur and is located in the middle of downtown. We are distribution focused but have a 2000 sq/ft tap room and 2500 sq/ft beer garden on site. The surrounding area is revitalizing and has become the cultural center of Decatur over the last several years. We are surrounded by popular restaurants and hang outs servicing a fantastic community. We are a small motivated team looking for an energetic, knowledgeable, dedicated, determined, and reliable individual to join our team.
This individual will be proficient with all aspects of the brewing process, including grain handling, brewhouse operation, yeast management, fermentation monitoring and management, filtering/transferring, carbonation, quality control of both wort and final beer, kegging, and inventory management of raw materials and final product. We hope to fill this position in the November/December timeframe as we receive our brewing equipment and prepare to begin brewing. This position is a full-time salaried position with benefits. Competitive salary based on experience.
- 3 years commercial brewing experience
- Ability to work unsupervised while maintaining safety and quality standards
- Familiarity with Federal and State compliance requirements
- Experience leading a brewery from grain to glass
- Formal training / education preferred, but not required
- Highly organized with the ability to communicate effectively
- Common sense, self-motivation, and attention to detail
- Detailed knowledge of industry standards and trends
- Positive attitude and a passion for Independent Craft Beer
The Brewer is Responsible for:
- Being an ambassador of the Cross-Eyed Owl Brewing Company brand and an advocate of our beers
- Maintaining a clean & safe work space
- Executing the brewing and cellaring processes
- Ensuring quality control throughout all production processes
- Working as part of a team in planning and scheduling production
- Brewing current recipes and collaboratively developing new recipes
- Developing barrel aging and souring programs
- Documenting processes and keeping quality brewing records
- Obsessively adhering to sanitization procedures
- Basic lab work including cell counts and basic microbiological testing
- Assisting in the hiring of future production related positions
- Adapting and improvising as needed
- Problem-solving and multi-tasking in a demanding environment
Lift 55lbs and move (160lb+) heavy objects
Stand for 8-12 hours/day
Ability to handle and work safely with chemicals
Handle hazardous materials safely
Work in hot or cold environment for extended periods
Email your resume, cover letter, and salary requirements to email@example.com.